26.4.09

AhhH!

Okay, I don't know about anyone else but the exploratory essay was very difficult for me to write. I felt I was all over the place and had no structure at all. I basically just spilled all of my ideas out onto paper. Whenever something popped into my head I started to type away. When I thought I was finished I read over what I had written down & it was a disaster! Nothing I seemed to write made any sense what so ever, so I basically ended up re-writing everything.

I basically wrote about each term (love, sex, & desire) seperately and how I defined them. At the end of my essay and I summed each one up and tied them all together. Love was the most difficult for me to define because it is not simple at all to say the least. Love is difficult to define in general, which is why there are so many variations of definitions for it.

All in all, I enjoyed writing the essay once it was done & over with. It brought me to realize what I know and don't know about love, sex, and desire. The questions that I brought up also really made me focus on what I want to know more about.

2 comments:

  1. HEAR, HEAR!
    Writing this paper has not been easy for me either. I am also struggling with the whole structure thing. The bad thing is, is that I have managed to avoid writing it all weekend and here it is...Sunday night and I am not done. This early Monday morning class has been hard on me, the procrastinator. The weather this weekend did not help either. My plan is to just wright the paper and not try to over think it (like I usually do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exploratory essays are hard, despite the fact that they may sound free or easy, because you have to find your own structure instead of relying on a template like the five paragraph essay. But if you can find it yourself, it will be more interesting for everyone. Good luck to all. Sleep too.

    ReplyDelete